What is Zapier?
Zapier is a tool for users to connect AdviserLogic with various web applications.
Example: You want to add a new client’s contact details in Office 365 contacts, whenever a new client is added in your AdviserLogic account.
You can create a Zap between AdviserLogic and Office 365. All you need to do is set up the Trigger and the Action, and Zapier does the rest for you.
This is just one of the endless scenarios made possible by this integration, so that you can focus on other more important tasks.
What is a Zap?
An integration between two applications is called a Zap. It is very lightweight and easy to set up. It doesn’t import or export old data (it only operates on new items created after the Zap is enabled).
A Zap is deceivingly simple if you're used to dealing with complex and difficult integrations. Its simplicity is what enables anyone to create it.
Each Zap is a one-way integration between applications, so should not be considered a sync setup. However, it may be possible to set up a Zap to move data the other way as well.
Getting started with AdviserLogic on Zapier
Firstly, contact AdviserLogicSupport@Morningstar.com and request Zapier Access.
Please follow below steps to use this feature:
1) Login to AdviserLogic application using your username and password.
2) Go to Tools > API Integration > Generate API Secret Key. to get your Encrypted API access Key and Password. This will be used in step 10.
3) Once you have generated API keys, select “Zapier” from the left navigation panel as shown below. (If you do not see it, ask support- firstname.lastname@example.org to enable Zapier for you)
4) Once you have clicked the above link, the below window (AdviserLogic Zaps) will open.
These are predefined Zap templates. You can choose from this list of pre-defined zaps and start automating instantly.
5) Click on “Use this Zap” Corresponding to the zap that you want to use (ADL contact details to Google Contacts). It will redirect you to the below page.
6) Click on Create this Zap. Below window will open.
7) First time users will need to sign up. Enter your First Name and Last Name, your Email Address (any) and set up a password. Click on Sign Up.
Note: If you already have Zapier account, simply login using your existing Email Address and Password.
8) Once you login or sign up on Zapier, you will be redirected to the below screen.
In the above screen, we have set-up Trigger and Action for you to use. Click on Continue.
9) You need to connect to your Source and Destination account. (Here the Source or Trigger Account will be your AdviserLogic account and the Destination or Action account will be your Google account)
Click on “Connect an Account” to enter your AdviserLogic’s Account Details
10) The below screen will appear where you need to enter an Encrypted API Access Key and Password generated in step 2, along with your AdviserLogic Email Address (which is your Username).
11) Once you have entered the details on Zapier’s AdviserLogic authentication page, you need to click on Continue, the account will be connected if the details are correct. Click on Save & Continue.
If the details are entered wrong, the below screen with error will pop up:
- You can check any spaces before or after Encrypted API Key and Encrypted API Password.
- The email used must be the same which has been used to login to AdviserLogic and generate keys.
12) Once the account has been added successfully, the next step is to test the trigger. Click on Fetch & Continue button.
13) In this example you need to have at least one client with its contact details completed in AdviserLogic for this test to be successful.
14) The above step completes the ‘Trigger’ part of the Zap process. Let’s move on to ‘Action’ setup.
15) Clicking on the Continue button on the screen shown above will take you to the below screen.
16) Click on Continue and Connect to a Google account. Click on ‘Connect an Account’.
17) Enter Email Address/Phone and Password (Google Account) in below window.
18) Once your Google Account is connected, you will be redirected to the below screen.
The mapping is already done here. Please do not change the mapping.
19) Click on Continue and the below screen will appear.
20) Click on Finish. Your Zap is ready to be used.
21) You can see the created Zap on your Dashboard.