Note: This feature requires Administrative access
Why is this needed?
Custom Fact Find is for targeted clients who require specific information under Fact Finder. The relevant information from the custom field can be used to reproduce in a report via Database Segmentation. It also provides advisers more flexibility to sort through the type of data they need.
Go to Tools → Custom Fact Find:
Click Add and type in a Section name. Make sure to Save before you proceed.
Once you hit save, a pop up will appear.
You also have the option to modify where this new section will appear on AdviserLogic:
- For Individual clients - Will appear in an individual client's fact find
- For business entity - Will only appear in a business client's fact find
- Show for Client Logins - Will be accessible to clients who have access to AdviserLogic
- Show in Grid - This feature will allow you to create tables for the fields created. You will also have the option to add further details corresponding to the fields created. See example below
Select the features that you want in your Fact Find Section:
- Type - This is the type of answer box that you want to appear. The article will discuss all the fields and how would they appear in Fact Finder.
You also have additional fields under the Type field which are given below:
- Variable Name - Used to differentiate between the categories/fields that you create.
- Conditional Visible - This is used for backend work only. Please leave this empty.
- Field Caption - This is the caption that will be displayed.
In this window you can also choose to
- Have the field as a mandatory input
- Hide the field from clients
- Include in your email recipient filters
In the attached screenshot, the Type is "Small Text Box" and the Field caption is "Details". This would appear as below in the Fact Finder.
When you input the required information in the field caption area and hit save, a pop up appears as below:
In the below screenshot, the Type is "Large Text Box" and the Field caption is "Information Collected from Client". This would appear as below in the Fact Finder.
In the below screenshot, the Type is "Date Box" and the Field caption is "First Meeting with Client". This would appear as below in the Fact Finder.
In the below example, Type is "DropDown" and the Field caption is "Options".
The type "Placeholder" will just create a space between two corresponding fields.
Once you have created your fields, it should appear in your Fact Find. The details of the fields corresponding to the numbers is given below:
- Small Text Box
- Medium Text Box
- Large Text Box
- Currency Box
- Percentage Box
- Date Box
- DropDown Box
- Number Box
- Place Holder
- Heading Row
- Tick Box
- Selection Dropdown
- Adviser List
If you want to export this information into a file so you can include it in your reports, visit How to create database segments.