To commence an Investment datafeed from MLC, please follow these steps:
PHASE ONE - TRIGGER THE DATAFEED VIA THE MLC WEBSITE
Log in to your MLC Online Account, via mlc.com.au
Click on the "My Business" tab:
Select "Client data exchange" from the dropdown menu.
Click on "Setup an Account"
On the next page you may need to follow some Registration Instructions before you can set up the data feed. Follow the instructions on screen to continue this setup process.
Under "Step 1", tick the box next to "AdviserLogic":
Next, note down the User Name listed under "Step 2".
This will start with the letters 'EPI' followed by a series of numbers.
Then, enter a Password into the fields provided:
The Password Criteria are as follows:
- Min 8 Characters and Max 12 Characters
- At least 2 embedded numbers
- At least 1 special character (period (.), dash (-) or underscore ( _ ) )
- At least 2 uppercase letters
- Must not contain any part of the username (Username refers to EPI Username not the your mlc.com.au Username)
- Must not be a repeat of the previous 12 passwords
A good example of a password that meets these criteria is:
Click "Submit" to proceed.
PHASE TWO - LINKING THE MLC FEED TO ADVISERLOGIC
1) Log in to your AdviserLogic account.
2) Go to Datafeeds:
3) Choose "Datafeed Codes" from the menu on the left:
4) Click "Add", and in the Window that appears, select "MLC":
5) The page will update to display the necessary fields; enter your MLC Online Username, the EPI Username, and EPI Password into the relevant fields, then tick the 'Active' and 'Download Historic Data' boxes:
That's it! Your MLC Insurance datafeed should commence within a few days of completing the above steps.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE MLC MASTERKEY DATAFEED
What information does this feed provide?
Investment Details: Unit Balance and Transactional Data, including purchases, and redemptions.
Superannuation Details, including Product, Start Date, and Account Number.
Insurance Policy information, including Benefit Type, Sum Insured, Policy Number, Premium, Premium Basis, Premium Frequency, Issue Date, and Status
This Datafeed updates daily.
What information is not available?
Distribution transactional data.
What conflicts might it cause?
The Masterkey Insurance data we receive separates out each cover type into an individual policy entry. This is normally not an issue unless we receive data for a policy that has a ‘Joint’ Life Insured situation. These rare cases will result in duplication of policy information, once for each Life Insured. There is currently no solution for this, but it is being worked on.
Certain optional benefit types may also result in invalid values (Trauma and TPD policy options like Reinstatement or Buyback may cause this issue). There is currently no solution for this, but it can sometimes be addressed. The Support Team can assist here on a case-by-case basis.